Sunday, April 29, 2018

fine linen and purple are her clothing



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

St. Hunna

Patron saint of Laundresses 



Wednesdays and Saturdays are laundry days.


Laundry is one of my favorite chores.

I love that it has a beginning, a middle, and an end.

I love that the results are so tangible.

And, I love to notice the extraordinary in the ordinary

while I'm folding my husband's work shirt

or rolling up an errant sock.



Wednesdays I wash blue jeans and my husbands work clothes,

and my own bright or dark clothing.

Saturdays I wash the whites, sheets and towels,

and another load of dish cloths and miscellaneous

items that didn't make it into the washer on Wednesday.


I fold them as I pull them out of the dryer.

Right away, the clothing gets put into drawers,

the sheets get put into a trunk at the bottom of the bed,

and the towels get hung on hooks in the bathroom.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~








2 comments:

  1. Just reading your post gives me a whole new perspective on what was the bane of my existence: laundry. Now I'll think of you and your peaceful post as I do laundry! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, to weave the rhythm of a chore into a celebration! It takes searching heart and eyes to find purpose and contentment in what can seem to be mundane. Thanks and blessings for sharing.

    ReplyDelete