~ ~ ~
There were elecctrical storms and hard rain a few nights this week.
It created puddles all over the playground where I work.
This left the opportunity for the toddlers to play in mud kitchen sinks!
All of the buckets, pails, and dump trucks were filled with water. There were even puddles tucked into the
roots of the big old Beech tree!
What a morning we had!
~
I went to a muster with my daughter's family on Saturday. We had a lot of fun but it was very hot and then it began to rain! Fortunately, the men had set up tarp stands so we could all tuck in when the rain got heavy. As you can see my grandchildren didn't let it bother them...except Natalie. Natalie got hot and wet and a little tired.
~
While I was at the second hand store I also picked up these charming curtains for my kitchen window.
They make me think of the old children's poem, each peach, pear, plum. I love the yellow ric rac!
~
One of the beautiful by-products of a rainy day is a beautiful rainbow!
This was shining over the harbour as I came home from work on Wednesday evening!
I didn't take the picture. It was taken by Wednesdays in Marblehead.
A few weeks back I stayed overnight at a friend's house. She and her husband live on a river and in the morning we walked out to the dock with our coffee. It was so peaceful. What a beautiful way to start the day.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
P.S.
for those of you who may be wondering this is A Spirit of Simplicity at yet another blog.








No comments:
Post a Comment