Friday, August 14, 2026

I hear the train a-comin'



 One day while I was in attending classes at a local community college back in 2014 they had me sign a waiver for a photo shoot they were doing and much to my surprise they used me in a huge photo on the wall just outside of the main office. 

My youngest daughter is going back to school now that her children are all in school till 3:00! She will be attending the same community college that I went back to in 2014. 

My oldest daughter did an internship there and walked out of the main office took a look at the wall in front of her and said, "Hey! That's my mother!" So, I also have a picture of her in front of it! 

Here is a picture of me in front of it to give you an idea of how big it is!


The moral of the story is, be very careful of the waivers you sign! 




I was at Saver's (a second hand store) on Tuesday evening and found this circa 1973 Woody Guthrie record!! It's in brand new condition without a single scratch! 



My town has a thrift shop in the old high school (it was the high school when I attended but is now the middle school and there is a new high school) all the proceeds go into the school system. One day I found a Beatles trivia game! My husband and I are both Beatles fans so we played the other night and had so much fun! We started out listening to the Beatles while we played but it got to distracting when we were trying to remember lyrics or other information. 


I work at a school and we have a beautiful campus garden. One morning before all of the children arrived I harvested a basket full of zinnias, hydrangeas, and though you can't see them, a bunch of green beans.


Saturday night I went here to celebrate the anniversary of my friend's mother and step-father. We had such a wonderful time! 

And a bonus:


The same friend ,who I have known for 35 years, has a new grandson! Her daughter delivered a beautiful baby boy the other day and  I'm so happy for them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment