Friday, August 7, 2026

The way of beauty

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~




My brother has been heavily involved with the Salem Jazz and Soul Festival since its inception in 2007.

This year he invited me to his house to tie-dye T-shirts that will be sold on the day of the show. 

We did 100 shirts of various sizes. Yes...100!! 

I am very happy to be a part of this wonderful event that not only provides free music but also donates all proceeds (donations, vendors...) to local school music programs.

~


We have a small pumpkin growing in our tiny toddler house garden!!

Every day the little children come to measure its growth.

~


My grandchildren rode the old fashioned firefighters hand tub in a local parade!

They did not ride the top like this while it was moving!

~


Last weekend I made a delicious pecan banana cake using my grandmother's cake pan. 


~


We are so blessed to live in a world where there is beauty all around us.

With beauty before me may I walk

With beauty behind me may I walk

With beauty above me may I walk

With beauty beneath my feet may I walk

With beauty all around me may I walk

-The beauty way   

Navaho

~ ~ ~

5 comments:

  1. I love everything about these blessings.
    Your grands are adorable!
    Yay for growing things at school.......how I miss teaching.....
    and the poem!! speaks to my soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post celebrating summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to use your grandmother's cake pan! Maybe it will reproduce a little of that "grandma made this" feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that poem. So true.
    All the faves are sweet and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks delicious! How special to use your grandmother's pan. I bet the shirts came out nice!

    ReplyDelete