Wednesday, August 5, 2026

What's for dinner Wednesday

~ ~ ~

What's for dinner Wednesday?

My husband requested Shepard's pie.

It's been ages and ages since I last made it.  We usually leave the oven off in the summer time but the weather has been a bit cooler so after running to the market to pick up the ingredients I got busy.


 


My version is quite simple and plain. I add some onion to the browning meat and I sprinkle paprika over the mashed potatoes but other than that it's just meat, corn, and potatoes. 

My step-daughter loved this simple version when she was growing up 

and I have continued to make it that way. 



I also made a banana pecan cake. 

I haven't made that in over 5 years and it is just as delicious as it was back then. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


No comments:

Post a Comment