I brought my knitting when I went camping last week. My grandchildren kept asking me what I was making but I was really just knitting to knit. Last year I made some lovely squares with hearts in the middle and I have since decided to make a sort of patch work blanket. I'm just going to make a bunk of squares and rectangles and then stitch them all together.
I picked up this beautiful oak leaf and acorn covered pottery dish at the second hand store.
I just think it's so pretty and it looks lovely on my hutch all decorated for autumn. I know, it's not autumn yet but I'm so ready for the humidity and heat to be over with.
Tucker...also known as Tuck Finn, Tuck-s-doo, Mr. T...likes to curl up on my bed for a bit of a cat nap.
On the campus at the school where I work is a garden and this year the sunflowers are wonderful!
I'm hoping to bring one in to the toddler class so we can examine it in the sensory table.
We can talk about the different animals and birds that eat the seeds and then eat some sunny seeds as well.
On the campus at the school where I work there were two giant old Beech trees.
This one is in the playground and it is such a beautiful old tree. The children play in its trunks and branches, they ride their bikes around it, they collect the beechnut seeds, and leaves. It is a very special tree.
There was another giant copper beech tree in the front of the school but a few weeks ago it had to be cut down because the arborist told us that it was too old and damaged to stand safely. I walked the children out and we all said goodbye and thank you to that magnificent tree.
I am so thankful that the playground beech tree is still healthy.





No comments:
Post a Comment