There is nothing quite so New England as hydrangeas along a white picket fence.
My husband and I went for a very short walk the other day and I had to stop to take a photo
of our neighbor's house. The season is almost over but the hydrangeas had a very good year!
My husband has some health problems, a rare form of rheumatoid arthritis is one of them.
We have a big storm (a nor-easter) coming in this weekend and he has had to take out his cane.
This fishing boat was bobbing up and down as the waves hit it and the storm hasn't even hit us yet!
As Robert McCloskey says in my favorite of his books, Time of Wonder, "We're gonna have
some weather."
I was surprised by how many pleasure/sailboats were still in the harbour.
I took these pictures on Tuesday and the storm isn't coming till the weekend.
I absolutely love a good storm!
My mum used to load us all into her old station wagon and drive down to the beach
so we could watch the waves!
It's finally fall y'all! I love this season!
Everything is just so beautiful!
I was at my daughter's on Saturday and I took this picture of the big old barn
just down the road from her house.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~






I love big old barns!!
ReplyDeleteWe are seeing the waves crashing up and down the east coast this morning on the news...stay safe out there. I'm headed to Falmouth with 2 friends for a little girls retreat next week and I sure hope we have good weather.
LOVE the New England coast. We will just get clouds tomorrow and some wind and then they're saying we may have rain Sunday to Monday from the affects of the nor'easter. Be safe!!
I love the last picture of the water and how rough it is. I have good memories of going to the shore with my grandma in the winter. We loved watching the ocean when the water was stormy and alive.
ReplyDeleteThose pink hydrangeas are so pretty! Mine are blue. It's interesting how the weather affects so many illnesses and makes them worse. I hope everything is safe during your storm.
ReplyDeleteOh I love barns! That 'big old' one is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love hydrangeas too. Mine don't look nearly that lovely.
Watching the storms on the ocean is exciting (as long as we are safe). I'll be taking note of when the storm arrives in your area. Stay safe!
The hydrangeas are still lovely. Mine have turned their fall color now but still hanging in there. Hopefully the storm doesn't hit too hard and your hubby can find some relief. My Mom used to really feel big weather changes with her arthritis, It's not fun. Love the pic of the old barn
ReplyDelete