Friday, September 21, 2018

Family Friday


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


My mum and I went to visit my grandson.

My daughter and son-in-law have just moved into a new place.

All of the grandchildren call my mum Reetsy 

and Verne (her only great-grandchild) is no exception.

He asked her to come down and play block with him.

She is 84 and had a hip replacement last year 

so she asked him if he would help her back up.

He said, "No, I won't."

He won't be 2 till the middle of October

but in the end he did offer her what help he could.



He and I played in the yard with a little yellow dump truck 

a bunch of sticks and a broken shell.


Last night was curriculum night at the family care center where I work.

In past years it's been a pretty low turn out

but this year we did things a little differently and the turn out was much better.

I teach toddlers and don't always get a chance to really connect

with the parents so it was nice to be able to talk to them all

and go over what we do in class each day.

I know that they won't remember me

but my goal is to inspire a sense of wonder, caring, and curiosity in them.


Tomorrow is the Autumnal equinox.

The weather has been cooling off! 

Autumn is my favorite season and I'm loving it!




 

Only a few more week till Verne turns 2!

I can't believe how fast he's growing.


1 comment:

  1. We are blessed to be able to watch our moms enjoy the next generation!

    ReplyDelete