Thursday, July 30, 2026

What I did this weekend

 


My sister and I went to lunch at this beautiful old place on the Connecticut river.

We sat inside at a table with a beautiful view and saw float planes flying up and down the river 

and over the small suspension bridge.




It was a lovely afternoon.

~



When we got home my sister wanted a chance to take a rest so I went to the pool and did some relaxing. 

It is a large pool in her complex but there are very few people who use it. There was only about 4 other

people there. 


I loved her pool key chain! She found a mailbox key chain as well!

~


I love the wildflowers at this time of year. 

Black-eyed susan's, tickseed, asters, Queen Anne's lace...

We have a little patch of wildflower gardens on campus at the school where I work. It's so pretty.

~



A co-worker found a dragonfly in the garden at work. It was no longer living. She is a water colour artist and I am a dragonfly lover so she showed it to me before bringing it home to use it for a model to paint.

~


My cat, Tucker, missed me while I was away this weekend. 

He was curled up on my bed when I got home.

My bed even beat out his usual favorite spot on top of the living room chair looking out of the window.

I should mention that this is A spirit of simplicity at a new/old blog. 
I switched to wordpress but I like blogger better. I had so much trouble switching back that I just started a new blog.



7 comments:

  1. I love every single blessing you list. Dragonfly!! They're our marriage symbol!! Long story as to why but I have a plethora of dragonfly jewelry and one of my fave pieces came from near where you live: Gloucester. Another fave piece came from Rockport. My daughters and I spent an entire day in those villages when we visited my oldest girl at Gordon college one spring.

    Wildflowers this time of year into oct are my absolute faves!!

    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos, especially the one of the dragonfly. I thought I recognized your blog:) I’m glad you are back at Blogger — I often had a hard time commenting on Wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post today and loved the pictures. Those keychains are so cute. My husband and I both worked for the post office. Enjoy you weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been on Blogger but I do prefer how the commenting works on Wordpress. I don't think I could face changing though. Some lovely blessings in your post. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dragonflies! I know that they live only one day but during that short time, they are amazing.
    I prefer blogger and have difficulties with posting on wordpress. Sometimes, it is just easier to start over :)
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place to have lunch. Those are cute key chains. Our black-eyes Susans are done here--funny, but we didn't plant wildflowers this year like we've done in the past, but we had scores of these show up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful time with your sister! Love the wild flowers. I planted a bed of them at a former home and really like them. Changing from one platform to another would stress me right out so I just stick with Blogger for better or worse.

    ReplyDelete